Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Something new?

A new character came to visit me last night. She asked that I write something for her, but I don’t know how to use her, yet. Have you ever had that happen to you? Where you have the most amazing character but not a story for them? Then there’s the dilemma, do I build the story around the character or do I fit the character into a story?
The other thing is, I have another project to finish and is past its deadline, edits that have deadlines and other projects that I had hoped to finish when these are done. Plus, she wants to be in a contemporary. I want to say, “look lady, I write paranormal” but that won’t go over too well.
It’s good to switch things up every once in a while and write outside the genre. I’ve been thinking about trying my hand at either steampunk or sci-fi. There’s also an interracial f/f that’s been nagging at the back of my head. Do I stay in order, follow my plan or say, F- it and start something new?

No comments:

Post a Comment